The mission of the Membership Committee is to recruit and retain new and current members while engaging and creating value for the membership.
The Membership Committee is responsible for:
- Generating ideas for increasing membership and offering services to existing members which will increase members’ satisfaction and membership renewal.
- Keeping abreast of membership statistics including reasons for membership attrition with an aim to increasing the membership each year
- Developing and recommending to the Board programs for increasing membership and current member satisfaction.
- Creating open channels of communication with the wider membership body.
- Partnering with other committees, as appropriate, on matters of common interest.
Legislastive & Governance Committee
- Make recommendations to the Board on matters relating to pension legislation including making recommendations for the amendment and promulgation of legislation affecting the pensions industry in Jamaica.
- Review and comment on guidelines, bulletins and discussion papers issued by the Financial Services Commission, Tax Administration Jamaica, Bank of Jamaica and any other regulatory body that affects the pensions industry in Jamaica.
- Establish and review policies in relation to the governance structure of the PIAJ.
- Periodically review and recommend amendments, where necessary, of the constituent documents of the PIAJ.
- Develop and recommend to the Board corporate governance guidelines and keep abreast of developments with regard to corporate governance to enable the Committee to make recommendations to the Board in the light of such developments as may be appropriate.
Public Education Committee
- To promote the benefits of retirement planning among the population
- To develop and execute initiatives to improve the level of pension awareness
- To develop and foster linkages with related organizations to improve pension awareness
- Contribute to the development of educational programmes being offered by educational organisations on pension/retirement and related topics
- Partner with industry players to promote pension awareness
- Develop initiatives to monitor and track the level of pension awareness
- To develop learning resources which can enhance pension awareness
- To prepare an annual budget on public education initiatives to be reviewed and approved by the Board of the PIAJ
- Perform other activities related to this charter as requested by the Board of Directors